Challenge a point of interest (POI) when you notice errors or incorrect information in the listing.
- This could be anything from the wrong address, to a closed business, to something that doesn’t exist at all.
- Since anyone can add locations to the map, there needs to be a way to sort true and false information.
- Challenging starts the process that removes a false POI from the map. Any FOAM token holder can take part in a challenge and you can always challenge a previously verified POI. The Challenger can vote in any challenge they initiate.
As the Challenger, you receive a bonus if other cartographers agree to remove the POI during the voting process.
- The losing side forfeits their stake, which helps to ensure cartographers have good reasons for adding and challenging POIs and creates skin in the game.
- To start a challenge, you need to submit a number of FOAM tokens that is equal to the Minimum Stake amount set in the core parameters.
- If the Owner created the POI with a stake greater than the minimum, you can challenge with a sum of tokens up to a maximum that is equal to that stake.
- The winning side is sent a bonus from a reward pool made up from the lost stake.